Saturday, August 21, 2010

8 days down.... 22 days to go...

so my mom my sis and i joined this "boot camp" that is run by a nice couple that goes to our church (Jessica and Mike) the program lasts for twelve weeks, we work out twice a week on our own, and once on Saturday all together, and for 35 of those 12 weeks we are eating ONLY God made foods (foods that are the most nutritious for our bodies). The diet is supposed to make us realize our addictions that we never noticed before taken away. I am not addicted to any foods, so I said "why not? I can eat right for a few days." it is not as hard as i thought. Going in to this, and looking at the list of things NOT to eat, my eyes fell on one section, NO DAIRY!, I LOVE yogurt, milk, CHEESE, all those goods! But unfortunately i must abstain from the creamy delicious dairy products for 35 days, I knew that dairy is what I would crave the most; and i must know myself pretty well, because i was absolutely right!

other than that, the "diet" has been going quite successfully.... for my sister on the other hand... its not exactly "smooth sailing" she is in desperate need of sugar, she is acting like a heroin addict quitting cold turkey (its fricken hilarious). Oh did i mention, that, IF you cheat you have to start back at day 1? NO? well its true. (Savannah has to restart. even though the ingredients in honey is honey, its a substitute for her real addiction. Therefore back to square one.)








the first few days were difficult, we were spending the weekend in Vicalia (sp) with my family, and we had to go on a pick nick (the recipes that we use make a lot, but all of them have to be heated up) so we ate fruits veggies more fruits and veggies, hard boiled eggs, while our family got to enjoy sandwiches. Okay they did not enjoy their sandwiches, the cooler that they were in actually soaked all of them straight through the bag.


in other news, i went to the doctors, found out i have a stigmatism  in my left eye, and that i have exercised induced Asthma, Savannah died my hair burgundy, i painted my nails like Rihanna....
 and thats about it.

until next time
                               -ash

No comments:

Post a Comment