Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This is Halloween


This year I was so in the mood to dress up but there were no parties to go to, I guess what they say is true, as you get older the holidays just aren't as interesting. That really is too bad, because I do love to dress up. On the day of Halloween I decided "You know what? I'm going to dress up any way." So I decided to Disneybound as a chimney sweep from Marry Poppins. If you want to dress as a chimney sweep in the future, it is very simple and can be made using things you already have around the house. Here is what you will need:
  • Jacket
  • Vest
  • Poor boy hat
  • Jeans
  • Boots
  • Scarf
  • A pair finger-less gloves or a pair of socks that you don't mind ruining 
  • Scrap fabric
  • Pvc pipe or a broomstick 
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Black eye shadow

I used some fabric and fashioned them in to patches, and stuck them all over my hat, jacket, vest, and pants. I didn't have any finger-less gloves so I cut up a pair of (new) socks. Then I took some pipe cleaners and wrapped them around the twist in end of a broomstick (to make the actual chimney sweep). Added some black "ash" to my face for soot to look like I've been cleaning chimneys all day. Then, to make my hair look ratty, I crimped some areas, waved other areas, (my hair was already curled that day), straightened some parts, hid a few braids in there and a few twists, and presto...


the final look.

No comments:

Post a Comment